This Advanced Parenting Workshop introduces the spectrum of cooperation and noncompliance, and explores how trauma can affect a child's ability to cooperate. Two family studies are presented and, with the help of Dr. Delaney and his teaching assistant, participants use the Trauma-Sensitive Review Form to understand the children's behavior.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the differences between cooperation and noncompliance
- identify where a child's response to a request falls on the spectrum of cooperation and noncompliance
- recognize the four defining signs of complex trauma
- describe the seven aftereffects of complex trauma
- use the Trauma-Sensitive Review Form to understand a child's behavior
- develop ideas for helping a child deal with the aftereffects of trauma