This Advanced Parenting Workshop explores the common reasons for taking things. Two case studies are presented, and participants work together to determine the reasons behind the children's taking things and how their parents can teach them more acceptable behaviors. With the help of Dr. Rick Delaney and his teaching assistant, participants then develop an action plan for one case family.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- list four common reasons for taking things
- recognize the four defining signs of complex trauma
- describe the seven aftereffects of complex trauma
- list five components of nurturing parenting
- develop and implement an action plan