Most children in foster care eventually return to live with their birth families. When reunification is not an option, the child may enter long term foster care, kinship care, or be adopted. Adoption is surrounded by myths and expectations that can be problematic for adoptive families and the child being adopted. This course explores the foster care to adoption process and offers insight and suggestions to make this transition easier for everyone involved.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand how the adoption process works and what to expect
- understand pre-placement issues
- dispel myths about adoption
- understand post-adoption issues and challenges
- describe how foster care, kinship care, and adoption differ