Day-to-day life is full of naturally occurring stress. The addition of a foster child, especially one with problem behaviors, can alter the family dynamic, compounding existing stress. This course discusses how the stressors that accompany fostering can be reduced and provides insight into and strategies for preserving a nurturing family environment.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify sources of stress in the foster family
- describe the impact fostering a traumatized child can have on family members
- describe the physical and emotional impact of stress and trauma
- describe how stress can be minimized during all phases of placement
- describe how a support system can help reduce stress for the foster family and help preserve a nurturing family environment