Workshop participants learn about the types of lying and why children lie. Then they look at the case of a 16-year-old boy who lies constantly, and at his foster parents' reaction. With the help of Dr. Richard Delaney and his teaching assistants, participants work together to develop an action plan for the parents, with concrete steps for coping with and curbing the boy's chronic lying.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the four types of lying
- recognize behavior clues for identifying types of lying
- understand six common reasons for lying
- learn how to emotionally support a child who lies
- develop and implement an action plan for coping with lying