This pre-service course provides a broad overview of the child welfare system. You'll learn how the system works, who is involved and their roles and responsibilities, key terms, and goals of the system. Supplemental handouts round out the course.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify the primary goals of child protective services
- understand how the child welfare system works
- understand the stages a typical case follows
- identify who is on a child's team and their responsibilities
- know how to effectively communicate with the caseworker