In this final class in the series, host Sarada Thomas explains three techniques to use in more challenging situations. Time-outs offer children a break from the situation so they can calm down and regroup. Removing Privileges can be more effective with older children, who will understand the connection between their behavior and what they lost. Assigning Extra Chores teaches that an unpleasant task is the reward for negative behaviors.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- use time-outs in an organized, effective way
- know how to be fair in removing privileges
- know appropriate ways to allow the privilege to be regained
- explain the potential pitfalls in assigning extra chores
- know when to avoid one of these parenting techniques