James Kagan, M.D. lends his many years of experience to the discussion of ADHD, ADD, and ODD in foster children. An exploration of the symptoms associated with these childhood behavior disorders is followed by insights into and steps for parenting these children. Dr. Kagan shares additional suggestions and recommendations for parents on working with their child's physician and school. Supplemental handouts are included.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- list the three types of Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- identify behaviors commonly seen in children with ADHD/ADD
- identify behaviors associated with Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD)
- explain what may contribute to ADHD or ODD in foster and adoptive children and youth
- identify strategies for working with children and youth who have ADHD and/or ODD
- understand the importance of working with the child's school and physician