In this class, host Sarada Thomas introduces two more positive parenting techniques. The first segment, Setting Limits, shows how to create and introduce household rules and explains the benefits of having household rules. The second segment explains how to create effective Behavior Contracts, how to present them in a way that will encourage children to comply, and how to work with kids who resist.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the value in allowing children to help make the rules
- explain why rules are important
- know how to write an effective behavior contract
- offer appropriate rewards for cooperation
- know how to cope with resistance from a child