Caesar Pacifici, Ph.D. and Rick Delaney, Ph.D. explore safe parenting issues. Topics covered include safety plans; children's health, safety, and security interests; a child's actual versus developmental age; trauma history; treatment plans; and state regulations. Drs. Delaney and Pacifici acknowledge the challenges of foster and adoptive parenting, and they provide concrete information for caregivers on strategies and regulations. Supplemental handouts are provided.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe how a child's trauma history impacts how a parent should discipline
- state strategies for safe discipline
- list three ways to promote physical and emotional security for a child
- state four factors important in maintaining a child's health and security
- identify a critical incident and how to report it
- identify six disciplinary actions that are prohibited by many state child welfare agencies