Michael F. Quinn, M.A., social worker and foster family agency supervisor in residential foster care and group home settings, discusses the safety challenges faced by foster parents. Also covered are the importance of collecting pre-placement information, making in-home observations of child behavior, developing in- and out-of-home safety plans, reporting unusual incidences, and working as a childcare team member. Supplemental handouts are included.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- collect important pre-placement background information about a child’s special needs
- adjust a home’s safety features to best meet a child’s needs
- conduct in-home observations of a foster child
- develop a safety plan for in- and out-of-home situations
- report unusual events or incidences to the proper authorities