Rick Delaney, PhD discusses the ABCs of behavior in relation to anger outbursts in 5- to- 10-year-old children. Understanding the Antecedent, Bias/Behavior and Consequences of children's challenging behaviors can help parents anticipate, successfully handle, and help change anger outbursts. Also discussed are the impacts of child maltreatment on behavior, warning signs of anger outbursts, positive and negative consequences of behavior, healthy anger, and when to seek professional help.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify the ABCs of anger outbursts
- identify antecedents and consequences of anger outbursts
- understand how past experience influences bias
- describe how bias influences behaviors
- give examples of positive and negative consequences
- describe healthy anger