As many as 80% of children in care have a medical condition caused by abuse, neglect, or substance exposure. This course explores common physical health issues for children entering care, and how parents can collaborate with health care and community providers to support their children's medical needs.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- describe the "medical home"
- describe the role of primary care physician (PCP)
- define "chronic" and "acute"
- know what to expect in initial and follow-up health care visits
- describe common physical health issues for children entering care
- understand how to support children with acute and chronic medical conditions