In this course, Rick Delaney, Ph.D. discusses a wide spectrum of self-injurious behaviors: hair pulling, reckless accidents, high-risk behavior, self-harm, and suicidal behavior. Dr. Delaney examines characteristics of children at high risk for suicide and psychological/medical reasons that may contribute to self-harming behaviors. Strategies for reducing potential harm are also covered. Supplemental handouts are included.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- state five types of self-harming behaviors
- list types of high-risk behavior
- list characteristics of children at high risk for suicide
- state two psychological/medical conditions that may contribute to self-harming behaviors
- list strategies for reducing potential harm for children with self-injury behaviors