Dr. James Kagan, a pediatric psychiatrist, discusses several anxiety disorders that are commonly seen in children in care. Topics covered include physical and behavioral symptoms, the role of heredity and prior experiences, and treatment options. Dr. Kagan also provides information on the foster parent's role in managing care for these children and working with professionals.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify symptoms and causes of anxiety disorders
- list types of anxiety disorders
- identify emotional symptoms that may be signs of an anxiety disorder
- describe steps that can be taken to help children with anxiety disorders
- identify treatment options for children with anxiety disorders