Parents can ensure their children's well-being by communicating with them openly about their biological family, facilitating contact, and helping them find closure. This class explores the range of openness in adoption, the birth connection, and birth relationships.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- understand the difference between an "open adoption" and a "closed adoption"
- describe the "birth connection" and the "birth relationship"
- define empathy and compassion
- appreciate the benefits of an open relationship with the childrenâs birth family
- understand how to build a bridge of contact with the children's birth family