Charley Joyce, LICSW explores problems and solutions relating to birth parent visits. Mr. Joyce discusses the three phases of the visitation process and identifies strategies foster parents can use to make visits positive and productive. The role of the foster parent during visits and the benefits for foster children of birth parent visits are covered. Supplemental handouts are included.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- identify three phases of the visitation process
- list the benefits for foster children of visitation with biological parents
- describe the role of the foster parent in the visitation process
- identify problems that may occur before, during, and after visitation
- identify solutions to problems that may occur during the visitation process