Northwest Media, Inc.
, parent company of FosterParentCollege.com® (FPC)
, is responsible for the data collected on this website. Personal information that you or your agency provided to Northwest Media, Inc. (such as a personal email address and phone number) may be used by Northwest Media, Inc. in the following ways:
- To contact you to provide support for your use of the FosterParentCollege.com website (for example, we will send new members a welcoming email).
- To respond to your comments or requests.
- To request feedback to help us develop and improve the site and our products and services.
- For internal marketing, promotional, and informational purposes (for example, we may send newsletters or information on our programs, services, products, or special events).
- To offer you the opportunity to participate in research projects.
- For the specific purpose for which the information was provided.
For agency-registered users, your information may be included in reports FPC provides to your agency.
There is no additional personal information stored by FPC that is not readily viewable on the individualâs personal home page. That information includes course history and contact information. Additionally, in order to provide technical support, FPC will at times collect information about the viewerâs operating system as reflected on our System Requirements
page (for example, internet speed and browser used).
If you feel your information has been shared beyond the above description, please contact Northwest Media, Inc.
To deactivate your account with FosterParentCollege.com:
- Agency-registered users: Please contact your agency.
- Individually registered users: Please contact Foster Parent College (fpc@Northwestmedia.com) with an email request.
We do not sell, share, or rent any personal information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement without first obtaining your authorization. Exception: When a member is registered with this site through an agency or state, agency/state personnel will have access to member information. Please be aware that Northwest Media, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other organizations and/or websites.
We use a third-party server to host FosterParentCollege.com and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store, or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purpose beyond providing FPC services.
Your Personal Profile reveals limited information about you. To protect your privacy and maintain confidentiality for yourself and your family members or clients, please do not use their names (first or last), your last name, your location, or share any contact information (email address, street or mailing address, phone number) anywhere on this website or with other users of this website. When posting on discussion boards, your personal profile is accessible to anyone who reads the posting. Northwest Media, Inc. is not responsible for injury, loss, or damage to persons or property when individuals choose to disclose personal data on our websites.
We use reasonable precautions to protect user information online. For example, our employees' computers are password protected, and we provide regular education to our employees regarding our security and privacy practices. Access to member information is granted to few employees. Northwest Media, Inc.'s communication infrastructure is protected according to strictest industry standards. We use SSL technology to encrypt your personal information so that no one can intercept that information on its way to our server. SSL (Secure Socket Layer) is the industry standard for website security and is used by major companies such as Amazon.com.
Credit card information is encrypted and processed through Authorize.net. Credit card information is not retained on our websites or in our databases. If you have questions about or problems with the credit card process, please call for assistance.
We reserve the right to remove discussion board postings that are considered inappropriate to Foster Parent Collegeâs mission of helping children in care or that reference other websites.
Private individuals who have self-registered and are purchasing courses through FPC:
- Courses that have not been started, the purchaser has unconditional rights to refunds within 30 days of purchase.
- A course that has been partially viewed (opened and viewed to the beginning of the third segment) may be exchanged for one of equal value, within 30 days of purchase.
- Private self-registered accounts that are dormant for over 2 years may be deactivated without a refund.
Agencies and other bulk purchases:
- Pre-purchased training units are nonrefundable and may be used in exchange for FPC courses for up to 2 years.
- Contracted purchases â refunds and exchanges are covered in the contractual agreement.
- Agency accounts that are dormant for over 2 years may be deactivated without a refund.