FosterParentCollege.com® provides evidence-based training for resource parents, at their convenience, for a modest price to your agency. Our courses complement your in-house training program.
Our self-directed courses use audio, visual, and interactive elements to engage your parents and ensure that real learning happens. The presentation is sequential and viewers cannot skip ahead to collect their certificate of completion; they must do the work. Our instructors are respected professionals in the fields of social work, psychiatry, psychology, pediatrics, and child development.
- FPC - IHS Blended Pre-Service Training Curriculum: For details on our innovative Blended Pre-Service Training Program, based on the Institute for Human Services Pre-Service Curriculum, click here.
- CWLA New Generation PRIDE Model of Practice: For details on the FPC partnership with CWLA to provide blended training in the New Generation PRIDE Model of Practice, click here.
- For a list of all individual pre-service online training courses, click here.
Our online management system allows staff to quickly register parents and access their training records. Your agency staff can provide training units for parents to take a course of their choosing or assign specific courses.
Some additional qualities of our online management system include the ability to communicate with parents and staff through group or individual emails. Agency staff can also develop private discussion board sessions based on a specific topic. Plus, it is easy to access a variety of reports sorted by dates, courses, parent groups, and more.
We provide free introductory webinars for agency staff to learn about our management system. To sign up click here
, email Sarah@northwestmedia.com
, or call 800-777-6636
A secure login box for seamless access to FosterParentCollege.com can be installed on your website
- Rated by the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare, learn more
- Endorsed by the National Foster Parent Association, learn more
- Endorsed by the Family Focused Treatment Association, learn more
- Endorsed by the Canadian Foster Family Association, learn more
- Approved by the National Adoption Center, learn more
- Approved by the National CASA Association, learn more
The Affiliate Program is a free service for agencies that accept FPC training from their clients. Affiliates are added to our "Find Your Agency" and "Become a Foster Parent" maps.
Affiliate agencies may choose to reimburse parents for the cost of their training.
To become an Affiliate, please complete the application available at this link and return it by email, fax, or mail. To get started, click here
. To view the map, click here
FosterParentCollege.com offers member agencies three different account options for purchasing FPC online training:
Special offer for FFTA member agencies, click here
- Prepaid Account - pays in advance for parent training, learn more
- Open Account - monthly billing for parent training used, learn more
- Unlimited Use Option - no limits on number of trainings, learn more
To get your agency started, please call us between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific Time at 541-343-6636, or toll-free inside the US at 800-777-6636