FosterParentCollege.com® provides evidence-based training for resource parents, at their convenience, for a modest price to your agency. Our courses complement your in-house training program. FPC is easy to use for parents and for your staff.
Our courses are built using audio, visual and interactive elements to engage your parents and ensure that real learning happens. Users cannot jump ahead to the exam and collect their certificate of completion; they must do the work. Our instructors are respected professionals in the fields of social work, psychiatry, psychology, pediatrics and child development.
- Pre-Service Training: For details on our innovative Blended Pre-Service Training Program, click here.
- In-Service Training: For a complete list of our self-paced online training courses, click here.
- Advanced Parenting Workshops: To learn about our in-depth online workshops, click here.
- Cost: For a current list of available courses and their cost, click here
- Syllabi: For course syllabi, click here
- Objectives: For course objectives, click here
Our online management system allows you to quickly assess your parents' training needs and their progress. You can assign courses targeting the specific needs of a family, or block courses to avoid overlap with your in-house training. Plus you can easily build a variety of reports - by dates, by courses, by parent groups, and more.
To simplify life for your staff and parents, we can install a secure log-in box on your
Website that takes your people directly from your site to their personal home page on FosterParentCollege.com®. This takes only a few minutes for our Web master and yours to set up.
- Rated by the California Evidence-Based Clearinghouse for Child Welfare, learn more
- Endorsed by the National Foster Parent Association, learn more
- Endorsed by the Foster Family-based Treatment Association, learn more
- Endorsed by the Canadian Foster Family Association, learn more
- Approved by the National Adoption Center, learn more
- Approved by national CASA, learn more
The Affiliate Program is a free service for agencies that accept FPC training from their clients. Affiliates are added to our "Find Your Agency" and "Become a Foster Parent" maps.
Affiliate agencies may choose to reimburse parents for the cost of their training.
To become an Affiliate, please complete the application available at this link and return it by email, fax, or mail. To get started, click here
. To view the map, click here
Agencies with accounts have two options for purchasing FPC online training:
Special offer for FFTA member agencies, click here
- agencies can be billed monthly for parent training, learn more
- agencies can prepay for parent training, learn more
To get your Agency started, please call us between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific Time at 541-343-6636, or toll-free inside the US at 800-777-6636