FosterParentCollege joined with the Child Welfare League of America to develop the New Generation PRIDE Model of Practice
for agencies. Within this new model, the new preservice training component introduces parents to the practice of trauma-informed care using 11 online classes and five in-person meetings. Additionally, the PRIDE Model
emphasizes the mutual assessments by the agency and the parents regarding the family's ability, willingness, and skills in providing care for children.
For Agencies and Parents
- Enhancing trauma-informed parenting information and skills
- Focusing on the impact of fostering on all members of prospective foster families
- Reducing parent costs, travel, and time away from home
- Enabling parents to learn at their own pace and time
- Demonstrating examples through interactive vignettes
- Reemphasizing the practice of mutual assessment
- Standardizing the content and quality of training
- Allowing more staff time to provide one-on-one support
- Providing in-depth core training
- Using proven effective training techniques
- Increasing training opportunities for staff and potentially providing CEU credits
- Adaptable to local requirements
- Helping the agency offer a structured yet flexible training schedule to potential resource families
The benefits for agencies include improved retention of potential caregivers through the preservice training component by providing greater flexibility and reduced costs.
Northwest Media and the State of Oregon completed a comparison study of hybrid preservice training with traditional in-person classroom training. The hybrid training consisted of four classroom meetings and 10 self-paced FosterParentCollege.com courses.
In our research, the hybrid program, like the traditional program, produced significant increases in both awareness and knowledge. The completion rate for the hybrid program significantly surpassed the traditional program and the hybrid program garnered very high levels of satisfaction.
about research accomplished by FosterParentCollege.com.
about the FosterPRIDE / AdoptPRIDE Model of Practice
about the CEU program for staff.